Sunday, 24 January 2016

You Are Not Alone.Remember this.

''Again we are so honored you have chosen to take this step in showing humans all around the world that they are not alone! 
Remember your story is not over, it is just beginning! ''

This words sent to me in an email made me write to you today with great compasion and gratefulness.Wondering on line- my favourite hobby, i have to admit, i stumbled upon an inspiring web page:The Semicolon Project.
First of all, what is a semicolon? Not the usual one, but this :


It is a statement of not giving up, it is a way of showing that if you don't like the epilogue, you are always welcome to write further.

Based on this, in the spring of 2013, Amy Bleuel founded this project, to honor her father whom she lost to suicide.''Through the semicolon symbol many related to the struggle of depression, addiction, self-injury and their will to continue on.The title, Project Semicolon, also represented a goal-to believe that this is not the end but a new beginning.''(Amy)

Over the years, the project became more than it was supposed to be. Musicians and social media support helped the message reach more people than they could have ever anticipated, and so new hope arised.




Their vision is that togheter we can start a sincere and open conversation about depression, mental illness and suicide and everyone should know that they're not alone.

A few years ago, I had an episode too, and I overcame it with the help of my dear ones and a very good psychologist. So , I felt I have a happy ending story to tell and that , being a winner in this fight, I can help. I do want people to know that there are lots of us, everywhere. We ,maybe, suffer in silence, or maybe we catch our breathe now, after a tiring fight for our life.

But, YOU are not alone! And now Project Semicolon is a statement to that.











Post a Comment