Friday, 28 July 2017

Battery Depleted


It is not uncommon nowadays to become overwhelmed, especially when everywhere you look  all you get is the usual 'you can do it!' slogan.
I know we've all been there. 
Still I am going to talk to you about a different kind of depletion now: the emphat's depletion.
I am not going to explain what an empath is. I will just assume that if you are here, on this page, you already know about these 'weirdos'. And I am not going to give you a to do list to get rid of this condition. I will just assume that you already assumed your condition. (funny this word: assume, isn't it ?!).

All I'm going to say is that I get you. You are not alone.
I know that you might have days when you don't get what's happening and you have to struggle to get over all the overwhelming sensations and feelings you get from all around you. Trying to calm down when everything goes down and it is not up to you to fix things.

My only advice is to take things as they come. Let God (or the universe, or whatever it is that you believe in) show you the way. Let Him take the burden and carry you 'till you get back on your feet.
It is an old romanian saying that you sleep in the bed you make for yourself.
Now, don't kill me with stones. I don't say it is your fault.
From another perspective this old saying is about the fact that you can make your own bed. It is up to you. What is happening around it is not your personal cross.You might aknowledge everything, but trust me it is not your job to take it on your shoulders.


Just breathe deeply and slow down for a second. 
Ask yourself: is this in my power? Do I need help to fix this? Can I fix this?

As an empath, you'll get through lots and lots of feelings. Not all of them are yours. Sometimes you'll embody them as yours though.
Please resist this and thoroughly analise it.
And ask for higher help.
You were given this gift of empathy to help others but not to kill yourself.
As a dear friend told me once, 'you are not chocolate to please everyone'.

I am telling you now the same: do take care of yourself. 
Put yourself first. 
Keep yourself safe.
And when depletion strikes, take a step back and mend your wounds. Refill. It is not a shame to do so.

It is the only way you'll be able to  keep doing the great work you do in the world.








Post a Comment